I wanted to mention an event I’ll be participating in this May. It’s called Bark for Life, and it’s part of a fundraiser to raise money to fight cancer. The event takes place in Hanover, PA, on May 12th, and it features a one-mile dog walk with lots of doggie-themed door prizes and gifts. There will also be dog-themed vendors (including a certain author autographing copies of Corgi Capers!). The best part is: you can bring your dog(s)! If you’re in the area, please stop by and help raise money for a good cause.
May 12, 2012 at West Manheim Twp. Recreation Park
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m./Opening Ceremonies at 9:30 a.m.
This is a non-competitive walk event for dogs and their owners to raise funds and awareness of the American Cancer Society’s fight against cancer. By supporting Bark For Life you honor our canine caregivers, help save lives and help us move closer to a world with less cancer and more birthdays!
Event includes a 1-mile walk, prizes for Tallest & Shortest Dog, Best Dressed Dog, and Best Trick, incentives for $100, $200, & $300 fundraisers, 50/50 drawing, dog-related activities, demonstrations, artists, and authors, Relay For Life booths, and giveaways.
– Registration prior to the event $10 for the 1st dog, $5 for each additional dog
– Registration day of the event $15 for the 1st dog, $10 for each additional dog
– Bandana for each registered canine
– Door Prize ticket for the owner of each registered canine
– 1 mile walk on a designated trail through the woods
– Prizes awarded for Tallest & Shortest dogs (measured from ground to top of dogs shoulder when standing on all 4 legs), Best Dressed dog, Best Trick
– Incentives will be awarded for $100, $200, and $300 fundraisers
– 50/50 drawing
– Dog-related activities and demonstrations
So bring your canine friend and have a paws-itively great time!
What it is: The American Cancer Society’s Bark For Life is a fundraising event honoring the lifelong contribution of our canine caregivers. It is a non-competitive walk event for dogs and their owners to raise funds and awareness of the American Cancer Society’s fight against cancer. The heart of Bark For Life is the relationship between cancer survivors and their canine companions. They are always there to share unconditional love, joy, and compassion. This provides us with an opportunity to honor their caregiving qualities, and to walk side by side with them to help us move closer to our ultimate goal of creating a world with less cancer and more birthdays.